Posted by Time Laboratories on 2/19/2022 to
|While bisphosphonate drugs are generally well tolerated, there are some very significant adverse reactions to their use. |
- As a group they cause upper GI problems, particularly esophageal irritation and erosion and gastric ulceration. For this reason they should not be taken if the individual cannot remain upright for at least one half hour after taking them.
- They can cause hypocalcemia.
- Necrosis of the jaw is a rare but a catastrophic possibility.
- Serious complications of the eye, such as Uveitis and Scleritis are rare possibilities.
- Musculoskeletal pain, sometimes very severe, has been reported.
- Acute renal failure is a rare but very serious side effect.
|These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.|